- Download the .exe file.
- Click the .exe file.
- Save it to your hard drive.
- From the FrontPage menu, click File > Open Web >
browse to the location where you saved the template.
- Make sure to view the web pages in a web browser. The
layout and colors inside FrontPage do not always look
like the finished website!
Once you unzip the template.exe file and follow the
Installation instructions above, you will find either a
readme.txt or setup.htm (this file) or both, with all of the
relevant modification information for your templates.
This information should answer most questions.
For additional support, visit the FrontPage
Discussion Forum to find answers to your questions. (You
will will receive password information to the forum via
Although this has been tested in IE 5.5., Netscape 4
& 6, you are responsible for testing this template
for targeted browser compatibility.
- From the FrontPage menu, click Tools > Web Settings
> Parameters Tab.
- Make sure the CompanyName is highlighted, then click Modify
- In the Value text box, replace Your Company
with your your business name.
- Click the ok, then preview your web page in a browser
to see changes.
There are a couple ways to add new pages. You can either
copy and paste an existing page, or you can open an existing
page and Save As... Additionally, you can simply utilize
and/or rename the pages that are included with this web
template. Follow the directions below to add a new page to
the navigation bar.
Adding Pages to the
note that not all navigation function is this manner, please
see navigation notes below)
- From the FrontPage menu, click View > Navigation
- Select and open a page
that exists on the same level as the page you want to
- Save as a new
- Drag it onto the
Navigation View in the correct level
- In the Navigation View, Rename
the page and the modify the Properties by
right-clicking and selecting the option.
- Customize the content of
the new page and save.
There are 4 areas of navigation involved in this
template and which can be easily updated. All of the
navigation in this template is managed by include files. To
modify the navigation, simply make changes to the
corresponding include file in the Includes folder.
- Core navigation - Home, Contact, Store (nav_core.htm)
- Main navigation - Services, Products, About
- Secondary navigation - This is used on the both
the Setup page as bookmarks, and also on the Services
- Footer navigation - Home, Contact, Store, and
Cascading Style Sheets
This templates uses CSS extensively. The style sheets
basically control the font type (Verdana, Arial ...), size,
and hyperlink rollovers. If you would like to change any of
these attributes. Double click the css file that resides in
the includes folder and modify the attributes that you want
to change. Here are some examples.
change the font color by changing the hex code #990000 to
change the font size by changing the 12px to14px
change the font type by changing the Verdana, Arial...
change the rollover links by changing text-decoration to
none or underline
Once saved, all changes will effect all pages that are
linked to the Style Sheet. By default, every page that is
including in the web template is linked. This is another
reason to use existing pages to Copy or Save as for new page
Adding Horizontal Lines
- From the FrontPage menu, Insert > Horizontal Line
- Make sure the properties are:
100 percent of the window
1 pixel height